By public transportation
- international train connection to Innsbruck
- by bus from the Innsbruck main station to the Stubai Valley until the final destination Neustift/Mutterberg Alm
Tyrolean Transport Association
Innsbruck – Brenner motorway – exit Stubaital/Schönberg - through the Stubai Valley to Mutterberg Alm at the end of the valley (valley station of the Stubai Glacier cableway; many parking facilities available)
Access in summer
- from the Mutterberg Alm (1740 m)
- along the alpine trail 135 duration: 1.5 hrs
- across the Mutterberg Valley and the Wilde Grube duration: 3 hrs
- by Stubai Glacier cableway to the intermediate station of Fernau Duration: 5 mins
Access in winter
by Stubai Glacier cableway to the intermediate station of Fernau Duration: 5 mins
On the arrival day you should be at the Valley Station of the Stubai Glacier cableway at the latest at 4:15 p.m. in order to get the last uphill ride. In the winter season the Dresdner Hütte cannot be reached anymore when the cableway is closed.
You should take your luggage with you in the cable car and go to the intermediate station of the Stubai Glacier cableway.
On the day of arrival you should inform the road staff (by showing your booking confirmation) that you are a guest of the Dresdner Hütte. You will be directed to our parking place near the Stubai Glacier cableway. Here you can park your car for free for the whole duration of your stay.
Luggage transport in winter
Once you reach the intermediate station, you can call us to let your luggage be transported by snowmobile for a charge of Euro 5,00 per way. This service is not available from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.