Getting There & Route Planner
Getting there with public transport
- international train connections to Innsbruck
- by bus from the main train station in <st1:city w:st="on">Innsbruck</st1:city> into the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Stubai</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">Valley</st1:placetype></st1:place> to Neustift/Mutterbergalm (last stop)
Getting there by car
Innsbruck – Brennerautobahn – exit: Stubaital/Schönberg – through the Stubai Valley to the end of the valley to Mutterbergalm (base station of the Gletscherbahn lift; large car parks)
Getting there during the winter
Take the Gletscherbahn lift to the Fernau mid-station; walking time: 5 minutes
To catch the last gondola uphill, you should be at the base station of the Stubai Gletscherbahn at 4:15 p.m. at the latest. Once gondola operation has stopped you cannot reach the Dresdner Hütte during the winter season. You leave the gondola with your luggage at the mid-station of the Stubai Gletscherbahn and from there a well accessible and wide trail leads to the Dresdner Hütte (5-minute walk).
Website of the Stubai Glacier – Here you find up-to-date information on prices, opening times and a lot more.
- from the Mutterbergalm (1,740m)
- along the mountain trail 135, walking time: 1.5 hours
- through the Mutterberger Tal and the Wilde Grube, walking time: 3 hours
- by Gletscherbahn lift to Fernau mid-station, walking time: 5 minutes
On your arrival day you inform the street personnel that you are a guest at the Dresdner Hütte (presentation of a booking confirmation only required in the winter). Then you are shown our car park at the Stubai Gletscherbahn lift, where you can park free of charge for the duration of your stay.
Once you have arrived at the mid-terminal, you can call to have your luggage picked up by a snowmobile at a charge of €5 per ride. This service is not possible from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.